Chair of Multimedia Communications and Signal Processing
- A3 from Munich or Würzburg: Take the exit for Tennenlohe and follow the B4 towards Erlangen. Then take the exit marked ‘Universität Südgelände’. After taking the exit, turn left towards Erlangen or the ‘Südgelände’ campus (Kurt-Schumacher-Strasse). Continue straight ahead until you can turn left into Cauer-Strasse.
- A73 from Bamberg or Nuremberg: Take the exit for Erlangen-Bruck and turn off towards Nuremberg. Follow the mostly four-lane Paul-Gossen-Strasse until you’ve passed through Erlangen. Take the exit marked ‘Südgelände’ that leads towards Gräfenberg. Then turn left into Kurt-Schumacher-Strasse. After a few hundred metres, turn left into Cauer-Strasse.
The website of the local public transport company (Verkehrsverbund Großraum Nürnberg GmbH – VGN) has details of all public transport connections. The bus stop for the Faculty of Engineering is ‘Erlangen, Technische Fakultät’ for lines 20, 280, 287, and 293 and bus stop ‘Erlangen Süd’ for lines 30 and 295.
By Air (Nuremberg Airport)
- The line 30 bus takes you directly to the campus (journey time 23 mins). Leave the arrivals hall and go to the departures hall. Then board the number 30 bus towards Erlangen (further details under ‘By Bus’).
- Rental car (30 mins): Leave the airport. Follow the signs towards Erlangen. After a major junction, you will be on the B4 towards Erlangen. From there, take the exit marked ‘Universität Südgelände’. Then follow the directions as if coming from the Munich motorway.
- Taxi (30 mins): Ask the driver to take you to Cauerstraße 7 in Erlangen.
Please, use the interactive map to display our location.